Type D Damp-Proof Course
- Vertical damp-proof course.
- Polypropylene DPC 1.5mm.
- Expanded polystyrene 0.038W/mK bonded.
- Standard 2400mm lengths.
- Profile illustrated suits standard brickwork and blockwork of up to 110mm thickness.
- Other profiles available for all sizes.
- Preformed DPC available in many profiles.
- Very severe rating with checked reveal using formatted version.
Insulated pre-shaped vertical DPC for use when closing cavity walls in the original manner. The DPC being shaped and secured is always in the correct position.
In buildings constructed of cavity walls, whenever there is a window or door opening it is necessary to close the cavity. The traditional manner involved turning the internal skin through 90 degrees and incorporating a DPC to prevent actual physical connection with the damp mortar and masonry of the outside skin. A flexible vertical DPC can be easily damaged or misplaced, The Type D DPC overcomes such problems and speeds up operations on site. The Type D is insulated and automatically introduces a thermal break within the reveal. The Type D offers flexibility and self-supporting rigidity, whilst protecting the masonry return completely.
Downloads and DocumentsView all resources