Type W Caviweep-Vent
- Dual-function combined weep and ventilator.
- Size 105/115mm x 65mm x 9.5mm.
- Free airflow 320mm².
- Use every third or forth brick to provide compliant balanced ventilation.
- Colours: Grey, Black, Beige, Brown, Terracotta, White, Translucent.
- Packaged in boxes containing 50 number
Dual-function product acts as a cavity ventilator permitting the cavity to breathe.Also acts as a weep to evacuate water from lintels,dpc ’s and cavity trays.
The Type W may be used to provide the balanced air conditions demanded within the cavity in timber-frame construction.The equivalent airflow of an open perp is required every 1.5 metres around the base of the cavity walls and around the top of the same walls. Where such wall cavities are closed or compartmented with the presence of horizontal fire stops or similar,ventilation apertures are required below and above such stops. Type W cavivents are designed for such purposes.Type W cavivents are available in a range of colours to blend with the adjacent mortar or masonry. To the front of each Type W is an insect resistant grille,whilst within the body of the ventilator are baffles to diffuse the effects of directly-blowing winds.Type W cavivents may be used to satisfy the requirements of cavity ventilation.