A new Chapter in DPCs and Trays
The NHBC has released updated guidance on the provision of cavity trays to ‘complicated junctions’.
Following the release of Chapter 6.1.17, as of January 1st 2024, the NHBC will be insisting on the use of preformed trays for the following uses;
- Pitched roof abutments (i.e. stepped trays)
- Steps in horizontal level
- Internal corners
- External corners
- T-Junctions (i.e. intersection of parapet wall)
- Door thresholds (in conjunction with gas membranes, flat roofing detailing etc)
- Penetrations in horizontal cavity tray arrangements (i.e. telescopic vents, services etc)
- Interfaces with wind posts, balcony supports, balustrading, or guarding
Cavity Trays provide optimum performance and value, and when installed correctly, eliminate the need for future remedial work. Cavity Trays Limited is the industry leader in the design, manufacture and supply of damp-proofing, cavity closers, ventilation and other specialist products for use in the construction sector.
With decades of experience in the construction sector, customers turn to Cavity Trays for guidance and expertise to ensure they comply with all relevant building regulations. Working with the NHBC, we have developed a range of products that continue to meet and exceed current requirements.
To ensure you’re complying with NHBC standards, speak to Cavity Trays today. Our team can advise you on our full range of damp proofing and associated products.
More information on the latest NHBC requirements can be found below;